Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Good Show

When my niece was a performing arts major, I learned to appreciate theater. Realizing, of course, I'm not a professional critic but I'm pretty sure I know a good show when I see one!  We may oo-and-ah about many things but God's Best Show was Jesus Christ. That's when He showed us just how Good He is and how much He loves us. Since we are created in God's Image, we are called to care for others. John wrote, "Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." (1 John 4:11). How do we really love others? I've read "no one cares how much you know until they know how much you care." Perhaps there is no better way to touch a hurting heart than to share your own hurt and healing. I suggest we do that best only when we open up to another person, giving a glimpse into our own weaknesses and pain so they see the difficulties of life aren't discriminatory. So many around us are struggling, and we have so many opportunities to showcase how God brings healing and hope to life. We are not here to "see through one another, but to see one another through." Consider showing your heart to someone today. It actually could be God's best show through you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home