Monday, November 9, 2020

Safe Place

 On our front porch, tucked away snugly on the underside of a rocking chair or table, you'll find a small green tree frog. Occasionally you'll see him in the open but he seems quite content to stay in his safe place. The psalmist wrote, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will remain secure and rest in the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no enemy can withstand]. I will say of the LORD, 'He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God, in Whom I trust [with great confidence, and on Whom I rely]!'" (Psalm 91:1-2). Who [of us] hasn't sought shelter underneath an umbrella, which proved useless against blowing rain and gusty winds. Such are the world's passing shadows of hope, peace and security. In contrast, when The Most High is ground of our expectation, we experience hope in uncertainty, peace in chaos, security in unrest. Our little tree frog has discovered his safe place and wisely stays there. God provides such a place of rest, safety and hope - let's stay there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home