Monday, December 4, 2023

All Faculties

How grateful I am for my Mister Fixit! There are few things, I've learned,that he cannot fix even if it takes some imaginative fa-niggling. David wrote, "O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises, even with my glory [all the faculties and powers of one created in Your image]." (Psalm 108:1, AMP). That word "fixed" shares the qualities of firmness, stability, established, secure, enduring, settled - all leading to a sure and certain confidence. Perhaps like me, you know what it's like for your heart too to wiggle-and-waver rather than be fixed confidently in [unwiggling and unwavering] trust in God. Scripture sayd Joseph obeyed the angel and married Mary; that Mary found joy in her unexpected circumstances; that the shepherds left their posts in search of the Savior. Like David, did they know God had promised in His holiness the establishment of David's dynasty (Psalm 108:7) and that the scepter would not depart from Judah (Genesis 49:10). You see, Jesus' arrival to earth fulfilled God's promise The King would come; The King did come and His Kingdom established in the hearts of men. Furthermore, The King will return for His people. David's words are a call to praise for every heart belonging to The King. This season, let us fix our hearts on confident praise of and to The King with everything we've got - that is ... all faculties!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home