Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Favored

What are your favorites?  We all have lists of favorite books, movies, foods, vacation spots!  In my web browser, I have bookmarked sites I visit often and they are my “favorites.”  I do not have favorite children but I certainly have a list of favorite things they do for and say to me!
God has favorites!  We, His chosen children of promise, are His favored!  Oh, how quickly Satan would have us forget this very truth using circumstances in our lives to distract us.  Twice this year, Mr. Bill and I had travel plans interrupted.  Yes, the disappointments were hard to bear but we found tremendous comfort in knowing the Sovereign Grace of The Father.  To Israel’s accusation that He had forgotten and forsaken them, God said, “Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.” (Isaiah 49:15-16)  Nothing outweighs the faithful promises of God.  Spurgeon made an interesting statement that God keeps His promise “a thousand times.”  Now, how do you keep a promise a thousand times?  Well, you don’t because it actually only takes one promise, eternally unbroken, to define perfectly faithful.  That’s Spurgeon’s point exactly – our God is THAT faithful!  “He is never a dry well; He is never as a setting sun, a passing meteor, or a melting vapour.” To Satan, who continually vexes-molests-disturbs, we rest in knowing we are God’s favored.  And, don’t forget -- His palms bear witness to just how favored we are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home