Thursday, November 10, 2011

Shine!

Fishing lures intrigue me.  No, I do not fish but I love to walk down the fishing isle and see all the different kinds of lures.  Some say that isle a fisherman’s paradise, but why not a fish’s dream?  There’s something there for all fish!

Isaiah 60 is an awesome chapter about The Light come to us in the Person of Jesus Christ!  Aside from a full moon peaking through the blinds all night, who doesn’t love light!  It’s warm, inviting, and illuminating!  Read what the Prophet writes about God’s Light: The glory of the LORD has risen upon you … His Glory will be seen upon you … I will beautify My beautiful House … I will make you majestic forever, a joy from age to age … The LORD will be your Everlasting Light … Your God will be your glory.”  How do these ancient words impact the Believer’s life today?  “Arise, shine, for your Light has come.” (V.1a)  It’s a command, and the Hebrew meaning is to be or become light, to give light … as His Light gives unto us.  I “interviewed” the resident fisherman about the shiny lures and why shiny matters.  To the hungry fish, a shiny lure resembles another fish’s shiny scales so the hungry fish is drawn to its prey.  God commands us to shine in a world full of other dark and alluring (shiny) things.  Unlike fishing lures, there’s no trickery or pretense to God’s Light – It’s real, and It attracts then satisfies the seeking soul.  I suppose there’s a real lesson to gain from walking the fishing isle: Shine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home