Tuesday, April 24, 2018

One and Only Qualified

​The wise heed these words: "never say never." Nonetheless, most of us have fallen into the wish-I-hadn't-said-never category.  There is only One qualified to say "never," and that is Almighty God. Jesus, made some wonderful never-statements: He promised if we come to Him, we would NEVER thirst (John 4:14), NEVER hunger (John 6:35). If we keep His commandments we will NEVER see nor taste death (John 8:51-52).  The precious gift of eternal life assures Believers they will NEVER perish (John 10:28).  We learn His Love NEVER fails in 1 Corinthians 13:8.  And perhaps, the greatest promise, He will NEVER leave nor forsake His Children (Hebrews 13:5).  Now, that certainly presents a whole new perspective on NEVER. Suppose I were never late, never missed an appointment, never short on cash, never made bad choices, never lost my temper?  Because I AM late, I DO miss appointments, often am SHORT on cash, DO make bad choices, and DO lose my temper, I am evermore thankful I have a Heavenly Father Who is synonymous with NEVER.  Remember this: what God says and what God does are NEVER different - what He says He does. He is unconditionally qualified -- the One and Only -- to say NEVER and mean it! Aren't we glad! ​

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home