Monday, May 22, 2023

A Mindful Mind

Of growing old, it's been said, “Of all the things I’ve lost, it’s my mind I miss the most." Between Mister Bill and myself, we sure can forget to remember some things. Satan is always ready to stir my memory to things that are better left forgotten. When left to aimless wander, we mindlessly fritter away precious time spent otherwise constructively. Peter writes, “This is now, beloved, the second letter I am writing to you in which I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles.” (2 Peter 3:1-2) Keeping in mind the purity of Christ is an unending discipline! Peter writes of what it takes to keep the Believer’s mind focused and instep with holiness. We live in a time when the world mocks Christ by glamorizing sin, making it tasty and preferable. As followers of Christ, we won’t identify sin nor see it for what it is unless The Truth is ever before us. The Word of God, by the work of The Holy Spirit, stirs the sincerity of Believers’ minds to recall the life and words of Jesus. Satan seizes every opportunity to draw us away from God’s Word. I challenge you as a disciple of Christ to to ask for God's rich and abundant grace to remain true to His call on your life through the faithful reading and study of The Holy Word. It really is the only way to have a ... mindful mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home