Monday, May 15, 2023

Captured

What's your idea of a good day? For me, it's either a day sitting at my desk reading [God's Word} and writing about Its Truths or sitting underneath my beach umbrella with my toes in the sand. Either one I find captivating! The problem with both of these "good days" is that they come to an end not to mention they happen all too infrequently. Paul wrote, "Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" (2 Corinthians 3:5). I suggest too much of our lives are spent flitting, like a butterfly, from one sweet captivating moment to the next; always in search of the next thing to fulfill this inherit desire to find peace, happiness and contentment. Oh, that our hearts could find "no comfort in anything apart from enjoying Thee" (Puritan Prayer, The Valley of Vision). Steadfast and lasting peace and contentment come to those whose minds and trust rest on God alone (Isaiah 26:3). Soon, I'll have my toes in the sand and hope to enjoy those moments; my prayer is, however, that it is Christ Who day-by-day captivates my heart - ever captured by Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home