Thursday, February 4, 2016

Soul Song

This jingle makes me giggle:  There was a young girl from Montana – She slipped on the peel of a banana – Now she can’t play the piana.  This used to make my boys roll their eyes!  I love it!

 

Does your soul sing?  If you’re a Believer, your soul better be a’singin’ – you have no excuse!  Even in the gloom-doom-despair of life, we have The Song! Consider all  the frivolous things that make us sing and dance a jig.  Why not our faith – Why not Jesus!  Christians are not commissioned to lip-sync their faith.  Our lives should ALWAYS sing of what we believe – always support what we embrace.  I challenge us to find a bird that doesn’t sing, stars that don’t shine, mountains that lack grandeur, thunder that does not resound, skies that lack vastness. Even nature sings of and confirms the Sovereignty and Glorious Majesty of Jehovah.  Furthermore, God sent His perfect Son to redeem you and me, enduring the terrible cross, because it pleased Him to do so!  Does this alone not fill your soul to capacity, to overflowing?  “Let the redeemed of the LORD say so!” (Psalm 107:2).  Yes, my soul has a song!  Yes, my soul must sing!  How about yours?

 

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee – How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee – How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home